October 15, 2008

Hold everything

My hopes for a full moon birth for last night were squashed this weekend when Skye and I got sick. Bummer. I could feel the little one was gearing up, but I had to put the kibosh on the birth plans and tell him to "hold everything, we're not quite ready for you." Fortunately, he is cooperating. I do not want to have a cold when I'm giving birth or have me or anyone in our family sick afterward. (I got sick immediately after Skye's birth for about a month - not fun).

So, Skye-bug and I are holed up in the house drawing, resting, drinking tea, reading, and eating up Gary's yummy chicken-noodle soups (he can't quite keep up with our appetites for it). We'll just have to wait until next week when hopefully everyone will be healthy and can welcome him with all our strength and kisses. Thanks for waiting, Little Guy.

2 comments:

  1. Anonymous10/16/2008

    Sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well but glad that you aren't delivering AND not feeling well.

    Sending you love and thinking of you... Rest and feel better.

    Love,

    Annette

    ReplyDelete
  2. Anonymous10/16/2008

    So sorry to hear that you aren't feeling well but glad that you aren't having to be sick AND deliver.

    Love to you and yours. Rest and feel better. You are in our thoughts. Annette

    ReplyDelete