October 1, 2008

Self-Care Preparations

We're in the zone now. Only 2 1/2 weeks until my due date - Oct. 20. We've been doing all sorts of preparations for the little one - locating the carseat, setting up the dresser, packing hospital bags (this was a new one for us after our home-birth), gathering all the cloth diaper pieces, etc.

But this time around, I'm also really getting ready to take care of myself. When I gave birth to Skye, I was so unprepared for the post-partum chaos and long healing process. So this time around, I am really getting it together to take care of myself. Skye and I made a huge batch of post-partum sitz bath tea bags - including some for some friends. I finally found the great herb store in town that I knew must exist in order for me to be sane - Nature's Magic. It reminded me of Radiance back in Olympia and I felt a piece of my soul take a deep relaxing breath when I actually walked in. So, Gary and I've loaded up on the healing herbs, internal and external, to help mama to a speedy recovery. I'm stocking food in our tiny freezer as best I can, and really trying to take it easy.

I think we're ready for our little guy to come into the world now, at least physically ready. We just have to wrap our heads around having a newborn again.

No comments:

Post a Comment