April 8, 2009

Mama's Little Helper

I used to be an avid tea drinker- herbal, green mostly. "No caffeine for me, thank you. I am nursing a child after all. Makes me jittery," I'd say.

Ahem. Fast forward to kid number 2, half the sleep, and a few years older, and I have started down that slippery slope that is caffeine. First it was the innocent 4 cups of decaf at Thanksgiving. Then I actually bought some decaf grounds, followed shortly by a little half caffeine grounds. Now, a few days a week (on our coffeemaker that used to just be for guests), I'm brewing 2 cups of half caff. - which as we know equals . . .
one cup of Jo.

It certainly does help me to rally when all I want to do is fall on the floor. I will allow myself this indulgence and try not to feel too guilty. And to all my fellow coffee drinkers out there - I finally get it.

No comments:

Post a Comment