September 9, 2010

In the Garden

The garden has been put to bed for the year. But, Gary and I have been quite disappointed in the harvest (or lack thereof).  Since our favorite garden items are corn and pumpkins and we got neither, we are a little bummed out with our crop. In an effort to cheer myself up, I've gathered pictures from this season to remind myself that all that hard work might have been worth it. 



We did have a decent crop of peas, greens, broccoli, tomatoes, and peppers, along with a couple of watermelons and squash. 





In my opinion, once you pull a weed, you're a gardener.  After dancing around the edges, as it were, by offering advice and tilling, Gary finally took the plunge this year.  The garden really became "our" garden this year.





Next year, we'll try again, and hopefully get some of that corn that escaped us this year. If nothing else, we all had a great time. 
Enhanced by Zemanta

2 comments:

  1. Oh you got quite a lot, actually. My garden was pretty sad and dry.Lots of cherry tomatoes, though.

    ReplyDelete
  2. At least from pics, it looked like you had a decent bounty. Of course, I was over-the-moon excited for the little handfuls of strawberries I harvested this spring, so my expectations are looooow.

    Did you can tomatoes?

    ReplyDelete