September 9, 2012

The More We Get Together, The Happier We'll Be

When we moved to Louisville, I wasn't sure I would be able to find my "girls." I left behind such an amazing group of goddesses in Olympia, and my heart ached at the thought of not finding ladies as fine as those. But WOW did I find them. We gather when we can, impromptu nights like this making my life whole.  I am so blessed to have found these wonderful friends and families we refer to as our Sunflower Friends.


I remember all five of us nursing our wee-est ones in this spot that we danced with them in tonight, and my soul smiles.

We watch our littles kick in our bellies, begin to talk, hold hands, enter school, pout, cry, shine, smile, and run.  It is so wonderful to witness and be supported by these women.  



And a shout-out to the amazing papas that are raising these amazing kids along with us, were smart enough to marry their wives, and who we are watching grow up and older with us.  We love you so!


Here's to more campfire dancing, banjo-picking, marshmallow-roasting, creek-wading circles of love. 

You know you're uncool when you start quoting children's music, but what's new?  In the words of Raffi, "the more we get together, the happier we'll be."  
(Yes, I did just quote Raffi.)

2 comments: