We're working on some big steps with Skye-bug these days. (Warning: this may be more information than you want to know. These are the realities of life with a toddler.) We've gotten into some new routines and they seem to be working for us.1. About a month after we moved, we put up the crib and moved Skye into the guest bed. She's probably the only toddler that gets to sleep in a Queen size bed, but it works well for the whirling dervish that she is while she sleeps.
2. We've dropped our bedtime nurse session, and Gary has started doing ALL of Skye's bedtime routine (bath, read, bed). We'd previously tag-teamed it or just seen who was more tired. They've been having a blast together giving Skye long baths (which we hope helps her eczema), hearing Gary's silly stories, and doing some major Dada-daughter bonding. This has freed up time for Mama of course - thus the start of the blog.
3. This one is BIG folks . . . . . . . . no binkie! That's right. Gary just simple told her she was going to learn to sleep without it, and that's just what she's learning. It's only been about 5 days now, but I think we're finally through with those things. Leave it to Dad to make it happen.
4. Potty Learning. I think I can safely say (of course I'll likely eat my words tomorrow) that Skye is poop-trained. We're still working on the pee, but we haven't changed a nasty one in weeks. Yippee!!! There have been family times hovering around the prize in the potty discussing alligator and bear poops. We've been doing elimination communication and infant potty training since she was about 6 months, so she's been "going on the potty" most of her life (along with going in her diapers). It's just that now we're working on her telling us "I better go to a baffroom" instead of us taking her. She loves her training pants and I'm hoping she gets the pee signals down pat in the next months. Bring on the underwear!
No comments:
Post a Comment