November 1, 2007

Happy Halloween


Skye's first trick or treating Halloween.
Starting in early October, Gary and I asked Skye what she wanted to be for Halloween: a cowgirl, a witch, princess, monster, etc. "No" she'd tell us after every suggestion. After a week of this, Gary finally set her down in front of the computer and showed her pictures of potential costumes. Again, "no, no, no." Then, her face lit up and she pointed to the screen and said "that's what I want to be. I want a punkin costume." She's a decisive one all right.

So, Gary the costume designer extraordinairre, and I, his humble seamstress, set out to making just that costume. Granny and Gordy helped also.

For the big night, we went to Granny and Grandfather's house in Frankfort and had a bowl of chili before heading out. Skye warmed up by passing out candy, but soon wanted to join in the fun. So we walked around the block -very slowly and practiced the time-honored tradition of trick-or-treating. It was a beautiful crispy warm Kentucky fall evening with leaves rustling under our feet. Lovin' life!

No comments:

Post a Comment